Sunday, April 18, 2010

Spongebob cake


This one took about 6 hours. I had alot of fun with this one and I learned a lesson with it too. You can't tell just looking at it, but shortly after i took the photos the cake started to lean and crack. The pineapple house is made out of 3 small cakes and i positioned it too close to the edge and it made it heavy. I freaked out needless to say and it was a looong trip to deliver it. I was going so slow people were pissed and honking lol. This one was for a friend of a friend (facebook again ;) and I felt so bad, but it didn't bother her at all. She loved it and her son loved it and thats really all that matters i guess. I'm truly my own worst critic and such a perfectionist it's ridiculous. Thats the artistry that I inherited from daddy shining through for sure :)
The cake is layer upon layer of chocolate cake with chocolate mousse fillilng. Non-dairy whip icing with hand mixed colors. The shells and sea life and shells are sugars that i purchased at the cake specialty store. The sand on the second layer is sugar in the raw and the pineapple i did by hand. Everything on the cake is edible except the leaves on and the chimney pipe on the side of the pineapple (pipe cleaner coated with icing). Hope this one was enjoyable folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment